Monday, June 12, 2006

Hey, that was my idea...

Don't you hate it when you do something or say something only to have someone else quote you, or pass along the story as if it were their own? Well that happened to me today at the office and man did it piss me off.

The person in question took pretty much everything I said and told another person the story saying that it was him who did and said it. Claimed to have resolved the situation on his own too.

What was most odd, was that he didn't know I was there and when I arrived, he continued. As if I wasn't going to recognize the tale. Then when I corrected him on something that I had said, he continued, but embellished it to make it sound even more impressive. I had to leave. If you have to depend on someone else's thoughts, words or writings to make your own life interesting that's fine, just give credit where credit is due or you sound like an asshole.

No comments: