1. Whom are you named after? What was she or he like?
2. What did you want to be when you grew up? Why? What options seemed open or closed to you?
3. What did you do for fun as a teenager? As a young adult?
4. What volunteer or paid work have you done? How has it been important to you?
5. What has been important to you as a daughter? A life partner? A mother? As a friend? As a member of a community?
6. Who have been your role models? What about them do you admire?
7. What words of wisdom did your mother/grandmothers/aunts share with you?
8. Who are your favorite cultural heroines? What appeals to you about them?
9. What world and national events have significantly influenced your life?
10. What in your life has brought or given you the greatest satisfaction or fulfillment? Looking back, what would you have done differently? What would you do again?
11. What achievement in my life would bring you greatest joy?
12. What attribute would you like me to help you develop in yourself?
13. What mutual goal would you like us to accomplish?
Whew. Those are some serious questions. Please take a moment to answer some of them for yourself. Try them on your spouse. Try one, all or none. Get to know your spouse better.
I read a wonderful post in Penelope & Bumblebee (see the link on the right) about how she communicates with her husband and I immediately thought of our UrbanFamily.
May the Force be with you!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants