Sunday, August 24, 2008

With a sickening thud...

... I watched Stewie topple, with his chair at the kitchen table, face first onto the granite floor. I thought for a moment that I would be able to get there before he hit, but in reality, there was no way I would even be close. Seconds later - while he was screaming in pain and holding his nose, UrbanMummy appeared to take him and calm him down.

That was 6 hours ago.

Right now he is sitting back at the kitchen table having a pre-bed snack, while again trying to tip his chair (still not on purpose) while fidgeting around to see what is going on. He's either fearless or really dumb, and since all signs point to him having his mummy's smarts, there is NO way he's dumb. He is just intent on being the death of us.

Today alone he already jumped on the bed and hit head to head with Linus, walked into a wall, fallen twice on his face and wiped out at the hands of his brother. This is why he has learned to make "that" face and pinch. It's his self-defense mechanism to prevent getting killed by his brother. He's had a very rough tummy - poo'ed through 5 diaper wraps this weekend, cried a lot, had a low-grade fever and wouldn't let anyone touch him except Daddy.

Now the little dude bites his finger while eating snack. More tears.

OY

Thank goodness he's off to bed, not so much for my sanity, but for his health.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

That dead silence before the wail is just horrible, eh?

So is his daredevil-ness more mommy or daddy?

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy!

Urban Daddy said...

Mamalooper - Oddly enough I assume he's like me, but I was never that bold (dumb) enough to take a ride face first onto the floor with my chair... That I remember. Then again, I do have a bunch of stitches in my head. Hmmm. I'm going to have to ask my Mom. UrbanMummy is just plain clumsy.

Gabriella - I figure you could relate. :)