Saturday, October 14, 2006

So long as he eats... I guess...

With the new baby taking all the attention of Urban Mummy, and me being on paid leave to take care of baby, Happy Boy and Urban Mummy, it was time for me to step up and take care of some of the feeding.

I made yogurt and pancakes for breakfast for the Happy Boy - he ate his yogurt, nothing else.

For lunch I gave him some fish, rice with spinach, red peppers, carrots and green beans - which he normally loves - but barely ate...

So for dinner, I smacked together the following combination, which he LOVED.

1) Cottage Cheese - one of his favourite foods. He ate a lot, like a cup full
2) Red Peppers - he ate some, only after dipping them in the cottage cheese
3) Green Beans - only after dipping them in the cottage chesse - then once he got bored with them, he started feeding them to the kitten.
4) Left-over pancake - only 2 pieces, mind you, and only after he dipped them in the cottage cheese
5) Flax cereal with 1% milk - which I was going to share with the Happy Boy until he sneezed right into the bowl as soon as I gave it to him. Not good enough for me to eat, but okay for him. It's his nose-germs, right?

Then after drinking a lot of the milk from the ceareal bowl, my son decided he wanted tomatoes (the mini-cherry ones I grew in the garden). I gave him 5 mini-tomatoes, and one by one he put them in the cereal bowl, then sucked them back by spoon.

Yuck.

Tomatoes in milk.

So long as he eats, I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice...

My daughter has the same penchant for dipping. Apparently, in case you didn't know: McNuggets go with strawberry yogurt.

Glad to hear everything is going well with the new one.

Urban Daddy said...

Jeff - That made me laugh out loud and for a while.

Ewwwww. McNuggets and strawberry anything sounds gross.

This was my first real dipping incident. I just sat back and watched. Wild.

Blog said...

YUCK! ;) But mmmm....cottage cheese and red pepper. Did I say mmmm...? I ment ewwwww.....!