Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tuesday Newsday... Of sorts

1) Ontario Provincial Election - Voting tomorrow. Vote PC. Why? The
Liberals are liars. They can no longer be trusted. A vote for the NDP, or the green party (no capital letter for their name since they are not even allowed to the debates) is a wasted vote. Nuff said!

2) Jason Blake - A player recently signed with the NHL's Toronto Maple Leafs has a treatable form of cancer. I wish him well The Leafs also traded for a player on his way to jail and a goalie who wanted to be a sieve in pre-season. All this brings me to one conclusion. The team still stinks and the GM, John Ferguson Jr, had to go!

3) NY Yankees - Are out of the playoffs and a lot of people are happy. Their payroll this year was like $300 million dollars, or slightly more than the economy of Myanmar. Geez.

4) Kind-hearted bloggers - You know when someone offers to do something nice for you and they mean it? I had that experience today with a fellow blogger - not sure if they want their name pasted in here - but I called her, took her up on her offer and was immediately impressed at her sincerity, candidness and professionalism. A giant thank you goes out to you!!

5) My Baby Boy is one year and one day old today... Cutie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your son's birthday!!!

SciFi Dad said...

We have very different politics, but I would like to point out that a number of years back the commonly held belief was that an NDP vote was a throwaway vote, and they took the province.

And, the only reason no one is calling John Tory a liar is because he hasn't been premier yet. It's all relative.

Polgara said...

I too have had experience of genuine kind hearted bloggers.
Nice to know i'm not the only one :)

Urban Daddy said...

Anon - Thanks! We should have coffee together some time... On me.

Scifi-Dad - Please don't remind me about those Rae Days... The province is still recovering. LOL. As for Tory being a liar... we'll never know. What we DO know is that McGuinty DOES and HAS lied. So in my books he sucks!

GP - I really is a wonderful feeling. :)