Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Yes, I admit it, I'm a geek...

Today at 3pm is the NHL trade deadline and I can't wait. It's one of the most exciting days in the entire hockey season and 2 days ago I was hoping - not praying - that the Toronto Maple Leafs would sell off every valuable asset and tank it for the rest of the season to get a high draft pick. But what does this ass-backwards franchise do??? First they give everyone a no-trade clause in their contracts, then when every player states they will stay with the team, it blows the chance of getting better players in line. Take Mats Sundin for example, one of the greatest Leafs of all-time. He's 36, or 37 and he is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year meaning he can choose to play with any team next season. So what he should have done was waive his no-trade clause, get trade for young players and draft picks, then in the off-season, re-sign with the Leafs (if he so desired). But nothing like that is going to happen now unless it was a ploy to get more from other teams (please may that be the case)

In other non-sports related news:

Stewie poo'd on the potty yesterday. Happily. Had his potty book, kept pressing the button which made the flushing sound, and away he went. Yay. That would be so much easier, considering the little dude is 16 months old! I welcome an end to diapers as we did with Linus at just over 2 1/2.

It's snowing outside... Again. Sigh. Or should I say, still.

I'm waiting for Linus to get dressed so we can walk to his pre-school in a few minutes. It used to be such a chore for him, all I would hear were cries of, "I'm tired, I don't want to go to that school, or I want to go home", but his Tuesday / Thursday school he gets Daddy in the morning and Mummy picks up and Thursday he gets either Gramma both ways or a combo of Mummy and Gramma. Fun, fun, fun!

Time to go!

No comments: