Friday, July 14, 2006

What's up with...

X-Ray Technician's?? Hello, insert personality here ---->.

So I went to the doctor this morning to discuss my still achy back, and the fact that now I'm in pain 100% of the day in my back and left leg, and after examining me, told me to be patient and keep stretching, oh, and take these pills.

She also set me for an x-ray and made an appointment for a CAT scan. (meow). So I gather up my stuff, make my way to the basement of the building and enter a waiting room full of no patients, 2 Russian x-ray tech's and a very grumpy receptionist. I stand at the front day while the receptionist grumbles at me, then after a BIG yawn, the male x-ray tech says to me, in the most bored tone ever, "Come with me please".

I follow him down a hallway, into a secret passage down another hall and into a small cubicle where I am supposed to disrobe (leave your underwear on) and put on this blue dirty looking robe with the opening in the back and follow me. So after undressing and trying to figure out why it is necessary for my ass to hang out, I walk into the main room where both tech's are playing with the laundry.

We go into the x-ray room and I go to sit on the table but realize that it is REALLY cold, and I have to lay on my back. Brrrr. So the x-ray guy tells me, like I'm a friggin moron, that I should have I tied up the back before walking out - because for those of you who have not met me, I have really long arms and can tie up 2 inch ties behind my back... Let the ass hang out.

So after becoming a contortionist for 15 minutes, he says to me, "Wait here while I check the pictures", to which I gleefully reply, "Okey-dokey... Take your time!!!" He was not amused and grunted something in return. Great, now he's going to give me extra harmful rays. I'll glow in the dark.

So once it was done, I was gathering my stuff and dropped my glasses, wallet and clothes on the floor, and since it hurt to bend over I figured Sergei would get it for me, but he just looked at me, and I had to bend over and pick them up.

I can only imagine an x-ray technician's party. They must be REALLY wild...

Hey... I can see your femur. lol.

5 comments:

Blog said...

Oh...I'm sorry you're in so much pain! I'm a yoga teacher--maybe I can help. And, Sergei's a pathetic excuse for a human, let alone an X-Ray technician....No one should be like that!

Urban Daddy said...

Yoga, eh?? Hmmm. I mentioned that to UrbanMummy since she should be doing some pre-natal yoga any time now. I just might have to pick your brain. It's basically the sciatic nerve running from lower back to toes. From picking up and carrying a 27 pound happy boy and from all my ball and floor hockey. Sucks to get old. lol.

Jill said...

Ok, the technitains you've got were kind of a-holes. Like it is so hard to try to be nice. Next time , make me a sign, I would sent the last one I,ve did get, he was nice!
And don't forget, for your back, to lift HappyBoy with the knee, not the back

crazymumma said...

x ray technicians are a strange crew...thankfully you have never experienced a mammogram....funny blog you have, thanks for visiting mine. Anne

nouseforaname said...

I believe it is in the contract- Hospital workers are supposed to be uncaring and heartless. Seriously if all you dealt with day after day was people in pain could you maintain your sense of compassion or would you just become a shell. I worked in a clinic and I hate to say it after a year I had lost all caring for others. Every shot, when people would flinch or children would cry my inner thought was ohhh shut up. It is the job- it wasn't you so don't take it personally...