1. I seem to post more Thursday 13's than other posts because I'm too busy reading some excellent blogs (listed on the side of my blog), namely; UrbanMummy, Penelope and Bumblebee, Haley-o, Shroom-Monkey and the now in hiding Magic Carpet Ride. Keep up the great writing ladies!
2. After the airplane landed Monday night from Newark, NJ to Toronto, my son, the Happy Boy - still awake at 11pm decided to wave and say "bye bye" to every passenger leaving the plane. Almost all of them gave him a huge smile and wave back. That kid is so friggin cute!
3. Poor, pregnant, tired, worn out UrbanMummy! She needs to rest. A lot! But she has a paper to complete for school that she should be working on right now, rather than reading this post. Only 7 weeks to go, and she's beat. Although I am now looking forward to some home-birth stories from Penelope.
4. Why is it so hard to find people to take all the wonderful business ideas I/we have and put them into place? Doesn't anyone want to make money anymore? Or I guess everyone is making too much money that they don't want to have to put in an effort to make more. Why bother?
5. Last week we stayed at a family resort about 2 1/2 hours north of Toronto, in Haliburton, called Wigamog. It was at this resort that the Happy Boy slept in a crib in the bathroom, clearly not ready for a "big boy bed". And boy did he sleep well.
6. It was also at this resort that the Happy Boy ate and ate and ate. His vocabulary grew as big as his tummy. He communicated better than ever, and ate his weight in cooked veggies. All this while still finding time to throw chunks of watermelon at the table next to us.
7. At Wigamog, UrbanMummy and I played Bocce (she was awesome), tried archery, and I played croquet. The real "highlight" for me was limping off the tennis court after some idiot Dad with a really bad dye job stuck his hockey under my foot resulting in me rolling my ankle. It was during a ball-hockey tournament, and after scoring our teams only 2 goals, I had a breakaway to send our team to the finals when this happened. He thought it was great that I couldn't play (or walk). They scored seconds later. My ankle/foot is purple and black. Thank goodness I'm already on nuproxin for the sciatic pain.
8. Again at Wigamog, we took the Happy Boy in a kyack for the first time. He loved it. I loved having the family there on the water. Relaxing. Even funnier was listening to him quack at the ducks, and watching him grabbing at the Lilypads.
9. What would be an awesome baby-gift for UrbanMummy for baby number 2? Number one was an eternity band. Need help with number 2, though.
10. Why am I not in bed? It's late and I need to be at work - as usual - before 8am. Hmmm. Schedule needs re-adjusting again.
11. Just thinking about my wife's Uncle David who died very suddenly in New York on Friday. It was from the Wigamog, that we went to NY for the "viewing" and funeral. See www.urbanmummy.com/journal for more detailed info. He was a gentle man. Always very quiet and very nice. He'll be missed.
12. At the BINGO hall after the funeral I ate baked beans, sausage, and some crazy-ass breaded chicken wings. I avoided the ambrosia salad and other pork products. I was shocked that there was a reception after the funeral, and that the BINGO hall was standing. It was a decrypted old building in a not-so-nice part of NY where they lived. I felt like I was in the mid-south, like Craplanta. LOL. Seriously, thought, it was a once in a life-time experience. I don't often get to hang out with white trash. When the phrase "youse guys" is uttered, I cannot help but to make a face. I'm very expressive.
13. Only 5 more days until my next class begins. Organizational behavior and the Canadian Securities Course will be keeping me plenty busy. Oh, and the coming child.
Links to other Thursday thirteen's!
1. (leave your link in comments, IÂll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂs easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants