Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Will he ever post again...

Whew.

Long time between posts. Can't believe the baby is 7 1/2 weeks old, and already almost 25 inches long and closing in on 12 or 13 pounds. He's quite the big boy - I believe UrbanMummy is calling him the weed. Suites him.

He's still not sleeping very well, but hte Happy Boy is back to his great sleeping 7:30-7:30, and every day he comes closer to sleeping more and allowing us to recharge our batteries.

Thank you to everyone who has posted positive comments to help us cope with the lack of sleep and we appreciate you all for thinking of us and passing on your hints, tips and techniques. In a way, they all worked.

As for me...

For the first time in just over 7 months - after physiotherapy, chiropractor, massage, exercise, rest, ice, heat, drugs, no drugs ... I have relief from the pain in my periformus. I can actually get out of the bed in one motion, no pain. I can begin to remember what life was like when I could bend over and do up my shoes, or put on my socks. It's like I was re-born (but not in the religious way). I have been all smiles and chuckles again. Ahhh, it feels good.

But what is the miracle that has led me to feel this way???

Turmeric.

Yup.

Turmeric.

Like Buckley's mixture, it tastes awful, but it works.

I asked our naturopath what I could take and without hesitation she said turmeric and apply traumeel (which I'm not so good at doing). 2 tsp of turmeric in a glass of water and down the hatch. Follow it with a chaser of juice she recommended and I soon figured out why. Ugh.

So for almost a week, I've been drinking turmeric 2 times a day and feeling WAY better. All my muscles feel tight, and I'd rather feel tight than pain, that's for sure. As a matter of fact, I just googled turmeric and found it's many benefits including fighting heart issues, stroke, cancer, MS, inflammation, infection, and the list goes on. Now I'll have my glass, stretch some more, add some push-ups, sit-ups and see where we go from here.

Nite all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting again. Hope your recovery continues.

Jill said...

You are finnaly feeling better after what, like 5 month?
It's about time!! And good for you with the new baby and Happy Boy, you don't need to be in pain.